Denon DJ Forums

Dns3700 And the upcoming traktor update (timecode signal)?

Re: Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.1 and MK2 timecode

Postby DENON » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 pm

XMan714 wrote:Anybody else having similar issues?

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... 1321505184

Please read above posts.
DENON
** The main man **

Type of DJ: Producer / Remixer

Re: Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.1 and MK2 timecode

Postby dboy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:53 pm

XMan714 wrote:2 DN-3700s
firmware 2020
Hybrid MIDI mode configured per the documentation
Gateway core i3-370M
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Traktor 2.1.1
Audio 8 DJ driver 3.0.0
MK2 timecode cds
running mclub7 tsi files.

Everything works fine with the original Traktor 1 timecode cds. When I attempt to calibrate with the new MK2 timecode cds I get a circle with a slash. When in hybrid midi mode, all my tracks play at half the speed. If I close Traktor, restart it, then start the calibration process over using the original timecode cds, everything works fine.

Anybody else having similar issues?

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... 1321505184

Hey XMan714, Is your Traktor a brand new purchase?

Meaning the one that is v2.1.1 and came with the MKII vinyls and CDs out of the Box.
dboy

Re: Dns3700 And the upcoming traktor update (timecode signal

Postby XMan714 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:19 pm

No. I've purchased the Traktor 2.0 update followed by two updates afterward 2.0.3 and 2.1.1

Let me clarify further. I started out purchasing Traktor Scratch Pro 1.x version with an Audio 8 DJ.
In the year or so that I've had the software, I've downloaded all software updates 1.2.4, 1.2.6, 2.0, 2.03, 2.1.1.

Whenever there's an update, I update.
XMan714

Postby Percy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Why would you be using thre new CDs. Your copy will always work with original CDs as you paid for your license when you first bought Traktor. From what i can gather there is no significant advantage to updating your timecode.
Percy

Postby XMan714 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Percy wrote:Why would you be using thre new CDs. Your copy will always work with original CDs as you paid for your license when you first bought Traktor. From what i can gather there is no significant advantage to updating your timecode.

Because I mentioned that I follow software updates whenever they occur. I understand the original timecodes will work for me, and by the history of this thread, the issue seems due to the 2.5 khz signal used versus 2.0 khz. I am able to work around the issue by obviously going back to the original. I'm just keeping my system up to date.

I will remain on the original timecode cds for now.
XMan714

Postby dboy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 am

Wyley from NI Forums wrote:Yes the denons generate just a 2k tone, they will only work in relative mode even if they did generate a full NI timecode signal.

What I'm thinking is that the new tsp2 versions will only recognize NI proprietary mkII timecode (depending on licence) whether absolute or relative and will not work with just a 2k tone anymore. Is my assumption correct?

Well, I'll unpack them and give it a try with my tsp2 and then with the demo to see.

TJ (Timecode Developer) from NI Forums wrote:i would need to look into how hybrid mode works. i assume that it works by "failing" the calibration and using the emergency relative-only mode, which is unchanged in the mk2 decoder. the hybrid tone isn't "timecode" per se because there is no binary data carried in the signal, so it would not pass the calibration stage on either the mk1 or mk2 algorithm.

however, timecode mk2 uses a 2.5kHz pilot signal, so a 2.0kHz tone would cause everything to play slowly. until denon update their players you can either pitch everything up on your CDJ, or, as a workaround, switch to internal mode, reset the pitch in traktor, and then switch back to relative mode to carry on playing at the same speed with timecode control.

Seems that it is too early to know who (Denon or NI) will need to make the necessary changes, but these comments by a NI timecode developer give us a little insight of what it needs to be done.

Will there be a Denon update to its hybrid timecode to 2.5kHz?
Will NI let Traktor detects hybrid timecode?

Lest hope at least one of them does.
dboy

Postby blackielox » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:25 am

Just to confirm everyones speculations, I just purchased a new license of Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.1 and the Denon hybrid signal DOES NOT play the track AT ALL.

When I press and hold the CUE button on the 3700, the track plays fine, but it doesn't play at all when I hit the play button.
blackielox

Type of DJ: Bar / Club DJ

Postby dboy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 am

blackielox wrote:Just to confirm everyones speculations, I just purchased a new license of Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.1 and the Denon hybrid signal DOES NOT play the track AT ALL.

When I press and hold the CUE button on the 3700, the track plays fine, but it doesn't play at all when I hit the play button.

New Licence Product or New Licence Upgrade?

meaning this is the first version of Traktor you own and you are no upgrading from older version.
dboy

Postby blackielox » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:46 am

I upgraded from Traktor 2 LE to Traktor Scratch Pro 2... but I assume its treated as a New License Product as it's not working, and I was given a new Serial # on the install disc.
blackielox

Postby dboy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:20 am

blackielox wrote:I upgraded from Traktor 2 LE to Traktor Scratch Pro 2... but I assume its treated as a New License Product as it's not working, and I was given a new Serial # on the install disc.

I don't know what will be the situation coming from LE, I imagine an upgrade to Scratch PRO 2 should be consider a new version as you said. Your situation could be indeed different.

In my case I'm able to play and scratch tracks with the 3700 HYBRID timecode but the Traktor signal scope says "Unknown Medium Calib. failed", MKI CDs/Vinyls timecodes are OK but I notice having problems calibrating old MKI timecodes starting v2.1.1

Btw, I also received a new Serial # for my update but as NI says it is bind to my old Serial so I can use both timecodes.
dboy

Postby DENON » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:18 pm

blackielox wrote:Just to confirm everyones speculations, I just purchased a new license of Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.1 and the Denon hybrid signal DOES NOT play the track AT ALL.

If you calibrate with the NEW timecode disc and it works, then switch to Hybrid mode, it should work but play slow.
DENON
** The main man **

Type of DJ: Producer / Remixer

Postby blackielox » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:47 pm

I'll try that when I get home tonight and let you know the results.
blackielox

Postby ACE » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:55 pm

I agree with Silvio on this.
If you use the new timecode cd (2.5k) to calibrate first, then switch over to hybrid mode it should work.
BUT it will play slow until you increase the pitch slider on the deck until back to normal speed.
I seriously doubt that NI would be prepared to change their update plans to accommodate us.
Therefore I strongly feel that the only solution to this is via a 3700 firmware update that gives us 2.5khz.
Perhaps lose the 1.5khz tone if there isn't enough memory (or whatever it is) in the deck.
Then everyone would be taken care of, older NI users = 2khz, newer NI users = 2.5, serato users = 3khz.
I'm not sure what software uses the 1.5khz tone, but for those users, they just don't update their decks.
Swapping out one frequency for another via an update (hopefully) cant be all that difficult.
ACE

Postby blackielox » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 am

Just tried it out. Everything is working fine, strangely it worked at normal speed without me having to make any adjustments :? ... Maybe it was because i was in internal mode before hand?
blackielox

Postby dboy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:27 am

blackielox wrote:Just tried it out. Everything is working fine, strangely it worked at normal speed without me having to make any adjustments :? ... Maybe it was because i was in internal mode before hand?

Did you calibrate using the CD then you switch to HYBRID? and what MK timecode version did you use?
dboy

Postby blackielox » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:17 am

Did you calibrate using the CD then you switch to HYBRID? and what MK timecode version did you use?

Yep. I calibrated using the included MK2 CD's. Then switched to hybrid mode
blackielox

Postby dboy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:59 am

blackielox wrote:

Yep. I calibrated using the included MK2 CD's. Then switched to hybrid mode

What happens if you don't calibrate with the MK2 CD and go directly to HYBRID?

Does it works but the speed is slower, does the scope says Waiting or calibration fails?
dboy

Postby Wyley » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 am

blackielox wrote:Maybe it was because i was in internal mode before hand?

TJ from NI Forums wrote: as a workaround, switch to internal mode, reset the pitch in traktor, and then switch back to relative mode to carry on playing at the same speed with timecode control.

I think that's what he said ;)
Wyley

PreviousNext

Return to DN-S3700