Denon DJ Forums

Mapping Link for DN-S3700 & Serato Scratch Live??

Mapping Link for DN-S3700 & Serato Scratch Live??

Postby SlamminSam » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Hello All
I am a long time Denon user and former forum member, back when I had a 5000. I just picked up two 3700's and can't find for the life of me the mapping link for Serato. I went to http://www.d-mpro.com like the manual said, to no avail...Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Sam
SlamminSam

Re: Mapping Link for DN-S3700 & Serato Scratch Live??

Postby DJ_Double_A » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:29 am

SlamminSam wrote:I went to http://www.d-mpro.com

www.denondj.com
DJ_Double_A

Type of DJ: Bar / Club DJ

Postby dustinash » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:30 am

I went to the main website (www.denondj.com) and looked under serato and I dont see it either. there is only the timecode file and a link to serato itself. where is the map located?
dustinash

Postby Tech_Guru » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:08 pm

dustinash wrote: where is the map located?

With the DL file (v2020) but you need to login first to get it.

http://denondjforums.com/forum/index.ph ... =viewtopic
Tech_Guru

Postby DJ_BFG » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Here you go

- Go to http://www.denondj.com
- Register your product in the support area
- Now where you see your product, click on the update/firmware V.2020
- Download the file and everything you need is in that firmware download
i.e. all instructions you will need to set up your new DN-S3700's

Any further questions please feel free to ask away!

P.S. You may need to create a user name and password, it has been a while so honestly I just don't remember.

Bret DJ BFG 8)
DJ_BFG

Postby magnomix » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:30 am

FRIENDS GREETINGS FROM ECUADOR AND TRIED TO RUN AS MIDI HYBRID DENON 3700 with Serato ... ACHIEVE ALL THE STEPS ... BUT NO LIGHTS IGNITE THE BUTTONS .... COMPACTERA NOT MAKE THE FUNCTIONS THEY SAY. ALL PRESS AND. NOT WORK BUT NOTHING MAPPER PROGRAM DETECTED ... SHOULD I DO TO WORK WITH MY E supply .. DENON HC4500 and doing quite well .. BUT IS NOT THE MAPPER 3700 does not turn DENON 3700 ... I DO .. AND HELP WANTED IN RED .. BUT NOTHING Formatio .... MY COMPUTER .. AND STILL THE SAME ....
magnomix

Postby DENON » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:24 pm

magnomix wrote:FRIENDS GREETINGS FROM ECUADOR AND TRIED TO RUN AS MIDI HYBRID DENON 3700 with Serato ... ACHIEVE ALL THE STEPS ... BUT NO LIGHTS IGNITE THE BUTTONS .... ..

Correct there are no lights with the serato mapping, thats normal.
If you follow the pdf directions included with v2020, all should work.
DENON
** The main man **

Type of DJ: Producer / Remixer

Postby caliguy323 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:51 pm

DENON wrote:
magnomix wrote:FRIENDS GREETINGS FROM ECUADOR AND TRIED TO RUN AS MIDI HYBRID DENON 3700 with Serato ... ACHIEVE ALL THE STEPS ... BUT NO LIGHTS IGNITE THE BUTTONS .... ..

Correct there are no lights with the serato mapping, thats normal.
If you follow the pdf directions included with v2020, all should work.

Thats only the first part of his diagnosis. He is also saying that none of the buttons are working in Hybrid Mode.

The XML file that Denon supplied will not work when properly if you dont first remove any pre-existing XML file, which is always the case. This might be the problem that is affecting him, since he has been using the 4500 with Serato.

Maybe a note should be made in the installation instructions asking the user to move their previously existing XML file to a temporary location other than the Serato MIDI folder PRIOR to placing the Denon XML file.

magnomix wrote:NO FUNCIONA NADA AUNQUE EL PROGRAMA DETECTA EL MAPPER... QUE DEBO HACER PARA QUE FUNCIONE..E PROVADO CON MI DENON HC4500 Y VA MUY BIEN..PERO LA 3700 NO SIRVE EL MAPPER NO SE CONECTA LA DENON 3700 QUE HAGO

Translation:
Nothing works even though the Serato program detects that the 3700 map is present. What should I do to make it function? I have used my HC4500 and it works great, but with the 3700 the (MIDI) map does not connect to the 3700. What should I do?

Solucion en Espanol (Spanish):
Antes de calar mi siguiente solucion, asegura que en el "PRESET" de tu DENON DN-S3700 as escogido: MIDI CH Set 5. El canal 5 es el canal correcto. Si no as echo esto, no funcionara. Si lla as echo esto, y no funciona entonces trata lo siguiente:

Las luces no funcionan bajo Hybrid MIDI mode. Cuando instalas el documento de XML de DENON para uso con el DN-S3700 bajo Hybrid MIDI mode, tienes que asegurar que as movido cualquier documento de XML que existe antes de alocar el que te dio DENON para el 3700.

1) Mueve cualquier documento de XML que existe en el archivo que dice" MIDI" bajo el archivo que dice "_Serato_". Muevelos documentos XML previos a otro local en tu computadora temporariamente.

2) Ahora obtiene una copia nueva sin cambios cualquieras de el documento XML de DENON para uso con el 3700 y pega esta copia dentro el archivo que dice "MIDI".

3) Ahora cala tu 3700. En veces es necesario apagar y de luego volver a prender tu 3700 para que funcione.

4) Ahora puedes regresar los previos XML documentos al archivo "MIDI".

Solution translated in English:
Make sure that under the "PRESET" of your DN-S3700, you have selected: MIDI CH Set 5. Channel 5 is the correct channel. If you have not done this, this will not work. If you have done this and it still does not work, try the following:

Lights do not function under Hybrid MIDI Mode. When you install the Denon XML file for use with the 3700 under Hybrid MIDI Mode, you have to make sure that you removed any previously existing XML file before installing the one that Denon provided for the 3700.

1) Remove any existing XML file in the folder named "MIDI" that exists under the folder named "_Serato_". Move these previous XML documents to another location within your computer temporarily.

2) Now obtain an unaltered copy of the Denon XML file for use with the 3700, and paste a copy in to the "MIDI" folder.

3) Now try and use your 3700. At times you may have to turn off and power up your 3700 in order for this to work.

4) Now you may replace the previous XML documents back into the "MIDI" folder.
caliguy323

Postby atrain01us » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:13 am

Hi all,

I am looking to try out the new hybrid midi mode in my s3700s and Serato v2.2.0 on a Mac Book Pro. I have searched the forums for the answers to some questions without success.This thread seems to come the closest to my problem so I add in my questions as follows:

1)When I looked for the 'music' folder that the hybrid 'xml' file is to be copied to, the only place I should have found one was under my username(users/arthur/music/_serato_), not as shown in the addendum pdf file. The midi folder did not exist so I created one and copied the 'xml' file into it.

I then started up Serato and tried to access the midi button under setup but the midi button was greyed out. What's wrong with this picture?

2) Once the above problem is corrected and I make all the necessary changes in the S3700s and Serato, will be able to use the S3700s in the same manner as 1200s when using the pitch control? In other words, if I move the pitch control down 1 pct on the S3700, will I get an immediate response similar to doing the same on a 1200?

If not, what settings need to be changed to what in the S3700s and Serato to achieve this?

The end result of this exercise is to get as close as possible to the immediate response when using the pitch control on the 1200.

By the way, the path shown in the addendum as to the location of the music folder where the XML file is to be located on the MAC is only an example, correct?

If I can my setup to work in the manner described above, I may consider selling my pair of gold-plated 30th anniversary 1200s and 3 1200s.

Looking forward to any and all suggestions as I have the firmware already loaded into the S3700s, so am looking forward making all the setting changes in the S3700s and Serato and having a blast and maybe unloading my tables(big maybe)

Thanks,

Atrain01us :D
atrain01us

Postby caliguy323 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:20 am

atrain01us wrote:I then started up Serato and tried to access the midi button under setup but the midi button was greyed out. What's wrong with this picture?

Youre Serato hardware is not connected to your computer. You must own and connect a Rane SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4, MP-4, TTM57SL, or Sixty Eight, to your computer for Serato to

i highly recommend not selling your 1200's either. If you do want to sell them, consider keeping at least one for future use. If you mean that you have a Technics 1210 M5G as a 30th anniversary table, I would be interested, private message me.
caliguy323

Postby DENON » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:38 pm

atrain01us wrote:I then started up Serato and tried to access the midi button under setup but the midi button was greyed out. What's wrong with this picture?

As caliguy323 just mentioned, your Rane/Serato hardware is not connected...thats why.

2)will be able to use the S3700s in the same manner as 1200s when using the pitch control?

Yes

By the way, the path shown in the addendum as to the location of the music folder where the XML file is to be located on the MAC is only an example, correct?

Not an example, that is the correct path.
If the MIDI folder is not found, then you would create one.

Welcome to the forum.
DENON
** The main man **

Postby djdaddy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:24 am

Im having a similar problem and I cant find the answer...

My MIDI folders are all in the right place. I have deleted and the old xml files and copied in the new hybrid.xml file. Loaded up Serato, everything connected, and nothign. The 3700's will play, scratch, cue - but thats it. I can go in and hand map all the MIDI controlls but that's not the point.

What am I missing? I have a Rane Sixty-Eight mixer, Macbook, the latest Serato version, the latest Denon files for the 3700, hot cues enabled, the 3700's as primary decks 1+ 2 in the set up. I see the 3700 MIDI file and I have hit the load button. I see the 3700's in the MIDI list on the left in the Serato set-up. The decks are on channel 5 (left) and 6 (right) like the documentation says to do. I have went through the documentation in the Denon update with a fine tooth comb. Ive dont it all as it says I should, but nothing.

I cant figure this out. HELP!
djdaddy

Postby JJ » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 pm

djdaddy, you probably need to activate the DN-S3700 in Scratch Live. Go to Setup/ MIDI/ Select the two DN-S3700 on the left and enable them. I also don't recommend creating the MIDI folder, but have SSL create it for you. While you're there, select the .XML file on the right and load it. (This is from memory. I will do a screen capture later.)

Ironically, the MIDI folder isn’t there until you create it while SSL is open. With a MIDI device like the DN-HC1000 (set to second layer) or DN-S3700 plugged in before you start SSL: Go to MIDI next to Setup and MIDI map at least 1 button. This will create the MIDI folder under: My Music/Serato/MIDI
You can also go into Setup/MIDI. There you can activate/deactivate a MIDI device and save multiple custom XML. Be careful, having multiple controllers or 1 controller with multiple XML’s will get you in trouble.

People were having problems with their DN-HC1000. When they hit a button, it did something else. You had to delete any prior custom MIDI XML in the MIDI folder. So Serato disabled any custom MIDI mapping on native supported controllers after 2.0.
JJ

Postby djdaddy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:10 pm

My Serato already had its MIDI folder because I own several other MIDI devices that work with my Serato (HC-1000 and HC4500). I deleted the existing MIDI map files in the folder and put the Denon map there like the directions say.

I dont remember hitting the enable button on the 3700's in the Serato set up. I did try to 'Load' the MIDI file from the Serato set up though and that didnt work.

Ill try that in a little bit and see of it works.

Thanks.
djdaddy

Postby ricky1066 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:25 am

I have the exact same problem as I have done everything and DO not see the midi file maybe denon should have said in the manual you will not until you actually map it

Now I have to go back and map them I thought they would do it by themsleves
ricky1066

Postby djdaddy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 am

The point of the map is that it should be done already. There is some stupid little button that is stopping it from working.
djdaddy

Postby DENON » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Guys, if you are having trouble configuring this properly, save a bunch of time and just call us, thanks.

630.741.0330 (USA customers)
DENON
** The main man **

Postby djdaddy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey I didnt know that was an option! AWESOME!
djdaddy

Next

Return to DN-S3700